There are many people who don’t know the difference between game and sport, if there is any. That is what we seek to find out in this article, what is the difference between game and sport? For many people, sport and game are one and the same thing, but that is a notion that is wrong, because they are two different things. In a game, two or more people participate, while sport is basically about the skill of the athlete, their performance. Below, we are going to break down some of the differences between the two in a bid to make you understand better:
- In a sport, they tend to focus on the capabilities of the sportsperson, and it is the sportsperson that determines the outcome. In a game, it is the entire team of players that determine the outcome.
- People taking part in sports are called athletes, while those taking part in games are called players.
- Games tend to rely on strategies in order to win, while sports tend to rely on capabilities of the athletes, or luck.
- In sports, the athletes have the power to make self-decisions, while in a game it is the combined decision of the players.
- In sports, the athlete or sportsman gains popularity for their skills, while in a game it is the team.
The Best In-Ground Basketball Hoops
Being that we are talking about sports and games, I thought that I should mention basketball. It is a good example of a game, having more than one player in the team, playing against another team. L.A. Lakers is one good example of a team, and it takes the credit of its players when they perform well. We will now be looking at some reviews of in-ground basketball hoops as seen on http://bballworld.com/best-in-ground-basketball-hoop/. These are some of the best that you will find on the market, and are worth a try if you’re interested in basketball.
Goalrilla GS with Tempered Glass Backboard
The Goalrilla GS is a durable in-ground basketball hoop that features tempered glass backboards, DuPont powder coating, welded steel poles, amongst other features. This system is durable and comes with the features below:
- 60” x 38” backboard with aluminum frame
- 3/8” thick tempered glass backboard
- 6”x6” steel pole
- 3’ overhang (distance between the backboard and the pole)
- Goal height adjusts from 7.5’ to 10’
- Anchor kit included, and it is installed in-ground with cement
- Limited Lifetime Warranty that includes the glass
- Pro-Style breakaway rim included
- It has a strong and stable square base.
- Comes with a powerful rebound because of the 3/8-inch tempered glass.
- It has minor shaking, making it the perfect hoop for intense backyard games.
- This hoop can withstand heavy pounding and dunking.
- It is easy to assemble.
- The height is easily adjustable.
- It costs slightly more than the other hoops.
- Installation is easy but it takes a long time to install.
- The hoop requires a lot of ground space besides the deep hole to root it down.
Spalding H-Frame In-Ground Basketball System
The hoop comes with a 60 inches by 38 inches’ steel framed 3/8 inch tempered, great for rebounds. It has an adjustable height of between 7 feet to 10 feet, making it perfect for both adults and teens alike, and it is easy to assemble.
- 1 x 2-inch steel frame backboard with extruded aluminum rim
- 3/8-inch thick board for better rebounds
- Arena View backstop with four corner, Z-arm mounts
- H frame board bracket for improved stability
- Competition style breakaway rim with flex action
- Positive lock breakaway rim and heavy duty make it easy for aggressive dunking and play
- While most of the other systems allow a minimal height of 7.5, the Spalding H-Frame allows for 7 feet, making it convenient for kids.
- Solid goalpost
- The high-quality backboard makes this loop durable.
- Extremely pricey
- This backboard is pretty heavy, and installation could be quite tricky.
Spalding “888” Series In-Ground Basketball System
It comes with a steel frame of 72 inches by 42 inches, the 3/8-inch glass backboard consisting of tempered glass for great rebounds. It comes with an adjustable height of between 7 feet to 10 feet, and due to the J-bolt, its easily adjustable to anyone. It allows for intense play due to the heavy-duty NBA pole pad and flex break-away rim style that comes with the system.
- The heavy-duty pole pad assures the players of safe play
- Minimal vibration
- Looks nice wherever it may be
- The 24” deep hole that the manufacturers recommend isn’t very stable, and it would be better do add on an extra 6”.
- It is too heavy and requires at least 3 people when installing the system.
- Extremely pricey.
Silverback 54″ In-Ground Basketball System
This hoop features a 54 by 33-inch backboard with a 4.8mm tempered glass and aluminum frame that is long lasting. It has an adjustable height of between 7.5 feet and 10 feet, making it ideal for the whole family. It comes with a squared base of, and it is coated Dupont powder to prevent from rusting and keeping it shiny. When a player makes contact with the board, chances of injury are minimal because of the soft cushion created by the pole pad and backboard. The 2.5 feet overhang means that people can play underneath the hoop without the risk of crashing into the pole.
- This is the perfect