Everyone has that sport that they are crazy about, whether it is basketball, American football or soccer. It is important for people to have hobbies that take their minds off work and school during their free time. In this article, we are going to be looking at foosball. Foosball is a soccer game that is played on a table. There are metal players that are attached to rods, which the players use to swing and more the players. This is a game that is popular with soccer players, and a great past time for the indoors. The first thing to do if you’re looking at playing the game is to get a quality table. I this article, we are going to look at some of the features that we think are important for every table. To make shopping for the foosball table a lot easier for you, we will also review a number of tables, some of the best that you can find in the market, that will keep you and your friends entertained.
Heavy table weight of about 200 pounds or more and thick side rails of 1 1/2 inches.
When your tables have these features, you can be sure of stability and durability, and especially during heavy play. Thicker and thinner tables tend to wear out near the goal posts. Light tables also tend to shift during play, and that can be annoying.
Foosball men that do not have rounded, slick toes
For better ball control, you would want to go for a table that has men with pointed toes and cross hatching designs on the feet. This allows for the balls to be caught, pinned down and to take advanced shots. The ones with round toes cannot allow you to pass the ball to players back and forth on the same rod. Bank shots require a sharp edge on the man’s toe because you need to hit the ball off the side at a sharp angle in order to hit a crisp bank shot.
Counterbalanced or Counterweighted Foosball Men
These features are found in higher-end tables, and it is where the weight in the head is the same as toes with no weight in the heads, playing one on one becomes a problem, and then there is the issue of having to rotate the men all the way upside down vertically, when in defense. With counterbalanced men, you will be able to rotate your men horizontally and they will stay in that position and out of your way. Counterbalanced men also add a little bit of speed to the shots.
Foosball Table Reviews
We will now go ahead and review a number of reviews to make choosing a table a lot easier for you.
Hathaway Playoff Soccer Table – A good starter table for a teenager’s bedroom
Exclusive eye-catching graphics and quality construction make this affordable Hathaway table play as well as tables costing much more! Guaranteed fun and excitement for the entire family. This quality built, action packed foosball table is constructed from CARB certified MDF. Soccer balls glide easily across the smooth, life like green grass playing surface. The table features dual manual slide scoring systems, goal boxes with built in automatic end ball return, 1/2 in. chrome plated tubular steel rods, ergonomic handles, and ABS molded durable players. This combination is great for ball control and table action. Colorful and life-like exterior action graphics add to the dynamics of the table. Take advantage of this quality table at this great price! 90-day Limited Warranty.
- Playing Surface: 40.5 in. L x 23 in. W x 1/4 in. thick MDF
- 1/2 in. thick reinforced L- shaped legs with full end panel supports
- 1/2 in. chrome-plated steel rods with easy grip rubber ergonomic handles
- 3 goalie configurations with ABS molded men for durability -13 players per team
- End ball return
- Three player goalie configuration makes it easier for less experienced players to enjoy
- The men aren’t shaped like on a pro table but offer a reasonable amount of control
- Reasonably durable but the rods could be better made
- The foosball can fly out of the end slot when scoring a goal
- Takes 1-2 hours to build but at least an Allen key is included
- A little light weight and not for a frat house
Warrior Professional Foosball Table – A high quality table, substantially built with an understated design, easily the best on test
Unique Rod Guard help prevent accidental injuries for players and spectators.
- Rod Guards help distracted players from being struck by a fast-moving rod from the opponent.
- Curious young children will be protected when coming too close to view the action
- Does not affect the play of the rods
- Added safety without supervision
- Dollar for dollar best foosball table
- Counter balanced men
- Unique rod guard system for the safety of players of all ages
- Pro’s play it for the quality, the parents buy it for the safety.
- Fast and easy to assemble with one simple tool.
- Incorporates counterbalanced men
- Central ball return and serving hole
- Includes the unique Rod Guard system to prevent being struck by a fast-moving rod – these are removable also if you prefer
- Comes with 3 balls, 2 extra men, 2 spare bearings and rod lube
- Excellent flat playing surface and great leveling system
- Red and black men with wedge shaped feet for great foosball